Saturday, January 8, 2011

Our New Car

Part of the moving process over here was selling both of our cars in the USA and having to buy a new one here. Bruce has been faithfully searching on the internet to get an idea of what to expect when we got here so he knew we could possibly stick with Hondas.  Yesterday afternoon, we had some time to start looking.  We went to the local Honda dealer in town and found a great deal on a Honda Jazz (same as a Honda Fit in the USA).  We took it for a test drive.  The salesman drove first with Bruce in the front,  me in the back.  A little ways out, the two men switched seats and Bruce got to drive.  I was enjoying the ride heading up towards Montjuzet when Bruce asked if I could drive.  Oui, oui!  It did not cross his mind that I have not driven stick shift in quite a while, I have not driven anything at all since arriving in France, we were in a very hilly area, and a strange French man would be giving me directions in French!  But he told the man, "Elle est forte!", so I had to prove him right.  As we drove back into Clermont through the traffic, Bruce asked me how I thought the car drove.  I replied, "I have no idea!  I'm just trying to watch for traffic lights so I don't do anything wrong!"  We made it safely back to the dealership without any traffic violations and no scratches on the car.  We then proceeded to fill out paper work and, voila, we have a new car!  It is small, but it has lots of room inside.






1 comment:

  1. Don, Nathan, and I rented a Honda Jazz in Madeira. It was also a black one. I really liked it. Hope you have wonderful times in your little European car!

    ReplyDelete